Written by Ram/Gen/Mortigen
Thursday, 22 July 2010 05:34
We EPGP for raid loot, and the Officers decide when unexpected circumstances occur.
This system has been chosen to maximise the loot opportunities for regular raiders, and to ensure that a close parity is maintained between them for loot. No system is perfect. An overview is here, please review if you are unfamiliar with effort based reward system or DKP systems in general.
The basics of the system are as follows:
- Characters earn effort points as designated by the Raid Lead and Loot Master. Gear Points are added when loot is awarded.
- Effort point rewards may be periodic, awarded specially by circumstance, or subtracted for whatever reason deemed appropriate.
- Currently the award is generally based upon time based participation within the raid team (e.g. approx 150 EP per 15 minutes).
- Currently periodic decay is applied to discourage point hording, and bias toward regular attendees (approx 10% per week).
The loot rules are as follows:
Main spec always wins over off-spec bids.
- Heroic tier tokens can only be bid on if the player already has the normal tier item equipped. This avoids players 'hoarding' tokens which disadvantages the raid.
Alts who are brought into a run to help out get off-spec loot priority (e.g. they compete with off-spec bids) - this should only be an issue early in the expansion, but the reason for this is to ensure our main-spec raiders gear first, which will then help alt runs in future.
If you have signed up to the raid, but aren't taken, you are required to whisper the Loot Master to let them know your willingness to be on standby. EPGP points are rewarded equally to these people.
- Loot will be awarded based on logical armor types, usage, etc. When in doubt the Officers/Loot Council will decide.
- Competition for Offspec gear will go to Loot Council.
- BoE's will be made available for main spec rolls only during the raid. Otherwise they will go to the Guild Bank.
- Special items are not distributed in raid, and are stored in the guild bank. An example of such items is the Living Embers used for high end crafting. Distribution of these items is at the discretion of the guild officers.
- The loot council consists of guild officers and champions.
- The loot council will decide who wins the item through review of the interested player's gear and discussion to ensure that loot is awarded to those who need it the most.
- To be awarded loot it must have some direct benefit to the raid team. There is no point giving an upgrade to an irregular or non-raider so please do NOT be offended if you are not awarded the item.
- Loot in the guild bank is distributed as the Officers and GM deem fit.
- To be awarded to a main the gear/item must have some direct benefit to the Raid team. There is no point giving a good item to an irregular raider, or non-raider.
- The payment for an item will also vary. It may cost your position on the SK list, full AH value, half AH value, or free, or whatever. This choice made at the time.
- If you request an item please expect it to take time for us to discuss, and do not be offended if the answer is no.
- BoEs, patterns, rares, etc are not given to Alts, or recent arrivals to the guild.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 03:36